Welcome to day 11 of my 30 days to sobriety.
Turns out I didn’t need wine to forget stuff (its actually day 12, but I just noticed day 11 failed to launch).
Before I get to 12, I want to quickly share some profound learnings I had in the homework for Day 11 (and it was Friday night which would normally be a challenge, but the stakes are now so high, I want success more than wine).
I was tasked to write down my beliefs in regarding to drinking, I got this:
- Wine makes boring things fun
- Fun things aren’t fun without wine
- A day with no wine to look forward to is cr*p
- I can’t imagine being a happy teetotaller, living an exciting life.
- In sum; live is not fun without wine
Oh my word, thems alcoholic thoughts right there. Looks like I got out just in time.
There will be some among you that are totally with me and scream “but it is all true”. Which was my initial response.
Then I was challenged to play the lawyer for the Sober Team and attack these arguments. I got further here than I expected, and transformed my story to the below, which actually I like.
I had no idea how really stuck I was in these beliefs. No wonder I was on a slippery slope.
- There are many fun things in my life or that I want to try that would only be fun sober (cause really no one wants to hot air balloon or drive a racing car pissed do they?)
- I prefer to manger boring/frustration things with acceptance, mindfulness or a Karma yoga attitude
- I am looking forward to the new activities I can explore in the afternoons and evenings while sober.
Wow that is enough sharing my soul for now.
See you in an hour or so when tomorrow goes up.